If you are attending Oak Dale’s worship gatherings and desire to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ, you are invited to become a member of the Oak Dale congregation.
Membership at Oak Dale simply means agreeing with other disciples at Oak Dale to relate to each other as a part of the body of Christ. The Covenant of Membership expresses this agreement.
›Why church membership?
Membership is biblical. God created in us a need for Him and a need for one another. Therefore, we are called to be a member of both the universal church and a local church. The New Testament assumes disciples of Jesus are a part of a local body of Christ. (Acts 11:26 & 20:28; I Corinthians 5:13 & 12:27)
›Membership is beneficial.
- Membership identifies one as a genuine believer and child of God.
- Membership provides a spiritual family for support, encouragement, accountability, and spiritual protection.
- Membership provides to the watching world a visible commitment to Christ.
- Membership provides a place to use one’s spiritual gifts in ministry.
›How to become a member of Oak Dale.
- Express your desire to become a member to one of Oak Dale’s pastors.
- Attend a 2-hour Membership Class to learn about Oak Dale and membership.
- Meet with a pastor to confirm your readiness for membership.
- Be welcomed as a member by a pastor at a Sunday worship gathering.