Oak Dale Church, located in picturesque Salisbury, Pennsylvania, is looking for a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries. This enthusiastic and energetic person will administer, develop, and implement our church ministries for infants through grade 12 which are designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of our children, youth, and their families. In addition, this person will direct, train, and recruit volunteers to help serve in meeting these needs by creating a relational environment where children, youth, their families and their adult leaders can engage in life-long Christian growth and discipleship.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary. If interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and two letters of recommendation to Oak Dale Church, 9201 Mason Dixon Highway, Salisbury, PA 15558. Complete application packets will be accepted until December 31, 2017 or until an appropriate candidate for the position is appointed. To see a full job description and/or to find out more about Oak Dale’s ministry, please visit oakdalechurch.net
Download this job description: Job Description
Oak Dale Church
9201 Mason Dixon Hwy
Salisbury, PA 15558
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Director of Children and Youth Ministry
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried Staff position
HOURS: 40 Hours per week with additional volunteer time
BENEFITS: No benefits are extended at this time.
BIBLICAL REFERENCES FOR THE POSITION:
Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assisting the Senior Pastor in shepherding the flock. This position is responsible in assisting the Senior Pastor and Church Leadership in helping people experience Jesus- surrendering to him, growing to be like him and sharing his love with others. He or she is responsible to see the ministry to children and youth are done in a fitting and orderly way as well as assisting at times as needed in other areas of ministry. (1 Corinthians 14:40). This means he or she will fill various leadership roles if and when the Senior Pastor or Church leadership deem it necessary.
PERSONAL STANDARDS OF THE POSITION: High importance shall be the maintaining of personal standards of Godliness based upon Biblical Principles, which results in an uncompromised testimony within the church and community. Adherence to biblical, ethical, and fiscal stewardship shall be deemed critical. Work shall be conducted in a manner pleasing to God, dictated by ministry needs, and enacted with a team concept with the Oak Dale staff and as directed by the Senior Pastor and the Elder Leadership.
The Director will possess or be developing the following:
- A teachable spirit, desiring to grow as a person and as a leader (willing to be mentored by an experienced Pastor or mentor);
- An active, supportive participant of the Oak Dale Congregation;
- Demonstrate the integrity of person who lives by the character qualities that are represented by the list of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, and a willingness to continue to grow in the development of such characteristics;
- A pattern of spiritual growth that is evidenced by a life of prayer, a student of the Word of God and obedient to its teachings and the proven ability to discern the Lord’s will and guidance in decision making;
- Will seek to be faithful in seeking the Lord in his or her own life, as well as in his or her marriage and family, always striving to keep Christ the vital focal point in life.
- Will demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty to the Pastor/Elders/Leadership team in endeavoring to be cooperative in the carrying out of his ministry tasks. He or she will carry a selfless attitude, which will be reflective in his or her willingness to fulfill any role that God’s Church, Oak Dale or Leadership ask him or her to fill.
SUPERVISION/ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Senior Pastor for all ministry responsibilities and to the Chairman of the Elders or Human Resources Director for employment related matters and ultimately, accountable to God. The Senior Pastor, with oversight from the Human Resources team, will provide an annual evaluation of the Director’s performance. The Director will operate with considerable independence
within areas of responsibility described below (subject to the Senior Pastor and Elder Leaderships provision); but will be required to provide weekly reports to the Senior Pastor on his or her working assignments and time management.
Primary Specific Duties/Expectations:
- Youth and Children’s Ministry Director
1. Build and coach teams needed to nurture children and youth to be growing disciples of Jesus Christ. Teams include: Children’s Sunday School “Growing Oaks” classes, Children’s Church, Childcare, Kid’s Club, VBS, Children’s Supply Coordinator, Jr Youth, Sr Youth.
2. Provide pastoral care for:
1. Team members. encouraging them to be growing disciples of Jesus Christ
2. Children and youth attending Oak Dale and in the community.
3. Parents needing support in parenting.
3. Recruit future team members and overseer a plan for developing them.
4. Oversee the selection of curriculum and ordering supplies.
5. Oversee the use, decor, and maintenance of the Children and Youth Ministry areas.
6. Lead out in or support the teams as they plan for and carry out special events that foster evangelism and discipleship of children and youth such as VBS, Fusion, Holiday celebrations, and mission/service trips.
7. Manage administrative functions specific to the children and youth ministry such as background checks, record maintenance, communication with the congregation, and budgets.
8. Develop ways to integrate children and youth into the life of the church through junior worship, children’s sermon, worship leadership. Create opportunities for students and adults to build relationships.
- Secondary Job functions:
1. Ensure smooth transitions from GO Glasses, to Junior Youth to Senior Youth so that students feel welcomed at every age and stage.
2. Develop a plan to celebrate milestones within the life of the church. (Baptism, 1st grade Bibles, driver’s license, graduation, etc.)
3. Communicate the ministry within and beyond the congregation, using various channels (newsletters, social media, community events, etc.)
4. Reach out to existing programs that use the church facilities such as Tree of Life, various other homeschool groups and anyone else that would generate interest in becoming part of the church’s children and youth ministry.
- Administrative Assistant
1. Assist the Senior Pastor and the Church Secretary in administrative tasks as required and/or requested.
2. Attend weekly staff team meetings
3. Share in the collective responsibility of guiding Oak Dale to produce growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
4. Volunteer for duties/responsibilities in showing cohesion as team member
- Model a Servants Heart. Be willing to do anything that is asked or required that promotes the success and sustainability of Oak Dale Church, its ministries and the greater Church of Christ.
Personal Accountability: It is suggested and will be supported for the Associate Pastor/ Director to have an accountability partner, outside of Oak Dale if desired, to be a mentor, a “sounding board” and to help nurture and promote spiritual and personal growth.
Time Requirements: This is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week. Additional volunteer time will be necessary due to various events and meetings. Such additional time shall be understood to be an essential part of the position, and therefore a normal part of the job without additional compensation of time or money.
Compensation: Salary will be determined on an annual basis by Stewardship team. Statement of Understanding
I certify that I have received, read, and understand this job description, a copy of which has been provided to me. I also understand that this job description may be unilaterally modified by the Elder Leadership Team at any time. Any updated job descriptions will supersede any and all prior job descriptions for this position.